Positions for PhD students in Machine Learning & Computational Neuroscience
Applications are invited for 2 PhD students in Machine Learning & Computational Neuroscience. The research focus will be on using machine learning techniques to model electrophysiological data related to epilepsy and consciousness research. The positions will be part of a newly formed group between the Institute of Computer Science and Faculty of Medicine at the University of Bern in Switzerland and will be funded by the Interfaculty Research Cooperation (IRC) project on sleep research.
What we offer:
- Funded positions for 3 years (with evaluation after 1 year)
- Opportunity to work at the intersection of computational and clinical research in neuroscience and get hands-on experience with data analysis and computational techniques
- Access to scalp and intracranial electroencephalography (EEG) data
- Interdisciplinary research environment at the University of Bern
- You are interested in using computational tools to investigate neural functions in healthy and clinical populations
- You have experience in or would like to acquire experience in analyzing (intracranial) EEG data during sleep or epilepsy
- You are fluent in English
Requirements for the two positions:
- A Master of Science or an equivalent degree in neuroscience, biomedical engineering, computer science, or a related discipline
- Programming experience with Python, R or Matlab
- Experience with machine learning, deep learning and/or analyzing EEG data is a big plus
If you are interested, please send one pdf-document including your CV, a brief statement of research interests, and the contact details of two referees to: Athina Tzovara, email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.